EFFORT LOST WITHIN SELF-PITY

I've always been the kind of person that can be stuck in a room with almost anyone, and I'll be able to find something to talk about. Even though it may be about the most random things, or about something that has little or no interest to me, I'll still talk about it. I always try to make an effort to talk to people and attempt to make them feel comfortable. I know that for some people, that may not be their strong suit, but one thing that can really bug me is when you have to expect others to be the only instigators of conversation. Not only conversation, but friendship aswell. After high school you realize that all your friends have their own things to do, what with differnt schools, jobs, living situations and what not. After high school it's more than essential that in order to keep in touch, you have to make an effort. And no matter what your going through, or your personality, without that effort, it's easy to loose touch with everyone, and maybe even give people the wrong idea. You realize that you can't just expect everyone to call you up or to message you on facebook to go hang out and catch up. It's all about what you do, and how you make an effort. You can't just sit around feeling sorry for yourself that your not invited out with your old friends. Without making that effort, you get lost within your own life of self-pity. Which by the end of the day, is something that you'll end up drowning in until you finally realize that you yourself will have to make the effort.

"I do what I gotta do, I'm trying to get through to you"

No comments: