THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MOVING ON

It's been all about starting over with me these past few months. Since graduating high school, moving in with my aunt, and starting college, it's been pretty rough starting over. I didn't think it would be too bad, I've done it before, I'm all about the transitions in life. I'm usually one that can adapt to a new environment just like that. But now I'm kinda realizing one thing I've been told before. It's easier to adapt to a new place, than to change everything for somewhere you've been forever. I didn't want to believe that, I love where I live. I love Surrey (although I do miss Fleetwood), I love Vancouver. I love how it's always grey outside, how it dosn't get too cold, how it's always raining, and how I always need a jacket (it gives me an excuse to buy jackets). I've always been the person that didn't understand how in movies everyone always moves away after high school. I could never see myself living anywhere else. Until now. I don't know whats wrong with me, I don't know why I'm having such a hard time adjusting to life after high school. Maybe it's because I literally got every change I could think of all at once. I hate that I'm expected to pass by my old house, school, hospital, and all that without having emotional attachment to the past. I can't stand seeing all the things I would see when my life was how I preferred it. I'm not saying that I don't like my life right now, cause I really do. But it does mean that I wish that I could move on. And honestly, I don't think that seeing all these things every day is helping me move on. I think that I've proved to be incapable of changing my whole life for a place thats so used to my old life. For now I'll stick it out, but I must say, I think I need a new place in order to move on and fully adapt.

Sometimes I wish that they would read my mind and just understand..

No comments: