WHEN EAVESDROPPING IS A GOOD THING

Many that know me would easily put me into the category of curious, maybe even nosey. I'm a person that wants to know everything, about everyone, all the time. I ask, listen, creep on facebook, and of course eavesdropped (but who hasn't?) to learn any information that I can about whatever I want to know. In the past this has been very helpful, hurtful, and just plain amusing. Some frown upon it, even I do sometimes, but today, while eavesdropping on a very familiar classroom, and listening to a missed voice made my creeper-like actions worth it. Kind, wise, intelligent, and a role model to many, he was a huge part of the team that helped keep me together and sane. Evesdropping outside the classroom door made me hear something that really hit me. "You are not your thoughts." I don't know how that relates to me yet, but it really stuck out, and I haven't been able to get those words out of my head since. If I am not my thoughts, then I am a totally different person then what I see myself to be.

Now, only to figure out who I really am..

No comments: