OLD HOBBY, LOST CRAZE

A hobby, as defined as a pleasurable pastime, is something that is best enjoyed a certain way, and sometimes with certain people. If there is one hobby that I can do any day, any time, its shopping. And yes, as with the definition, I certainly only enjoy it a certain way, and with certain people. (Who can shop properly with shoes that hurt and someone that judges your purchases anyway?) Without that, it really is not as enjoyable to me at all. Strangely today going shopping in a place that I often enjoyed, was unenjoyable. The pleasure that it then provided vanished along with my favourite shopping partner. The drive wasn't the same, the sales weren't the same, the whole thing just wasn't the same. I can't say that I wish it didn't happen, because I haven't quite decided that yet, but I do know that everyday I realize that life isn't quite the same.

Selfishly, I can't help but wonder what life would be like if..

No comments: