FINDING INSPIRATION THROUGH LOSS

There's that saying, you don't realize what you have until it's gone. For me, I can't really say that I don't see what I have, because I've learned that I need to appreciate whats right in front of me, well I try at least. I have to say though, a few years ago I did not feel the same way. And without her I think it would have taken me a lot longer to figure that out. When I went to the Philippines was the first time I realized how my many people my mom helped in her lifetime, and how much of an impact she made on people. When I was thirteen my mom took me to California to stay with my Lola while she went through chemo for lung cancer. We lived with her for two weeks and drove her to the hospital every day. Two years ago when we visited my recovered Lola in the Philippines, she had no idea who all the people were that were visiting her, until she saw my mom and I, and she cried. The whole time all she could do was hold our hands and stare at us with such a thankful look. That's when I started to think about how my mom helped her, which later grew to how she helped so many others. It's so inspiring to know how much someone so close to you has done. I just hope that I can make half the impact on others that she has.

At least now they can be together, in the light