MY NO LONGER UNWRITTEN THESIS

So this weekend I went to "Black Friday" in the states. Funny how after a holiday, us North Americans find that we need to spend the day in crowds and long lines for the best deals.. But anyways I, like millions of other Americans, went Black Friday shopping. It was interesting going to the mall at 5am to find the parking lot packed, and line up's already in front of stores that are not even open yet. Even more crazy was the fact that I actually even saw people I knew there. One thing I learned this weekend (besides what colour eye shadow works best with what) was that like my sense for shopping, for me it's all about quality over quantity. To me it dosn't matter how many of something I own, or the fact that I have 10 different pairs of shoes or whatever, but as long as the quality is good and it looks fantastic, I'd rather spend more for it. And when I think about it, that's how I am in life too. I know what looks good and what will be good for me, so I'm willing to spend it all on that one thing and wear it a ton. Like, when it comes to non-material things, I just wait until I see exactly what I want, no matter how hard it is to get, and then just go for it. It dosn't matter how many friends you have, or how many guys you've had, or how many classes you take, it's not about quantity. It's about what kind of friends you have, and how great your relationship is, and what you want out of those classes. Why buy 10 pairs of cheap shoes if they make your feet hurt? It just dosn't make sense.

Baby, you can have whatever you like

1 comment:

Rm said...

you got robbed by America.

i can't wait to see you on the 19th negro ;)